Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Thoughts {08.16.17}

The President has been front and center these past few days and he has been criticized by many for his response to the riots in Charlotte over the past weekend.  The President seems intent on making as many political enemies as possible and so far stocks have so far shrugged off most of what comes out of the his mouth, but I wonder if that will be the case forever.  The Democrats would dearly love to be rid of a President Trump and I think increasingly so would many establishment Republicans.  I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some political attempt at that once the Republicans see his political use as waning or if they become concerned about electoral fallout in next year's Congressional elections.  This could become a political crisis if resistance to the President shifts from the fringes to more institutional political elements in the Capital.  Stocks could, in that scenario, be in for a bit of a rough go.  I'm not saying this is going to happen and I'm not trying to make a political statement.  I'm simply looking at what could happen to stocks if the political blowback to the President intensifies.

More than 3,000 people default on their student loans every day.  Here's what happens if you do this.

Look for an update on my thoughts about the Korean situation coming soon!